Tonight is the kind that you just don't forget. One of the best men I've ever known got to go "home" tonight. No more suffering, no more pain... just peace and a happy reunion with lots of his family and friends (and a special delivery from me for my dad of a great big hug!) His passing brings lots of emotions... and tears, but is also a reminder of the blessings of family I have here and now.. and how important it is to make each and every day count. I am thankful to a loving Heavenly Father for the plan of salvation... for the knowledge that I will see Grandpa again, and that there are many, many more games of arm and a leg and spite and malice to be had and WON..(we make a pretty great team!) I love you Grandpa Schaub ...thank you for being who you are, for raising such a great family... and for loving me!

photo by Megan Schaub
Jeana,
ReplyDeleteWe are so happy you were with us, tonight. We feel we have shared something very special...we will never forget it. Thanks, for your sweet comments of Granpa, he will truly be missed!
We love you,
Uncle Ken and Auntie Donna
Jeana,
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to read about your grandpa passing away. You know he is not suffering and in pain anymore. It is so great that you have so many great memories of your grandpa. I will be thinking of you. It is great that you know you will see him again and I am sure he was greeted by your wonderful dad Jimmy Dean. Give your mom a hug from me.
Grandpas are the BEST!! I'm so sorry to hear of his passing. My prayers are with you and your family.
ReplyDeleteit was a special time last night. i enjoyed your post. thanks for being there last night.
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking about the fact that your dad was probably on the "welcoming" committee for Grandpa. How cool is that!
ReplyDeletesorry to hear of your grandfathers passing. i hope all is well. i'm sorry!
ReplyDelete