.
.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

because of recent events/challenges i've learned a lot about me... and as i've said before some things i am impressed with about me..and other things i am less than impressed with. so, here are a few of things i have chosen to work on and my plan of action :)

1- cooking: i enjoy it a lot, but i have this thing about cleaning as i go and the meal takes forever and i just get frustrated, so i don't do much of it.
plan of action: cook one new recipe every monday and TRY not to clean as i go

2- fhe: it is me, myself and i... so what do i do for fhe? NADA... bad option!
plan of action: see #1 plan of action, add that to a Monday night at my moms, followed by taking said meal to my grandparents house for fhe!

3-reading: BLEH! people who are close to me know that i do NOT like to read... i know, i know .. who doesn't like to read, right?! well, seriously i don't like it at all. scripture study is about as good as it gets... until now.
plan of action: (take note, next is your job :) ) I don't even have a clue where to start, what books are good, worth reading etc... so suggestions are welcome! and once i find something that sounds appealing i am going to try to read a book a month (is that reasonable?)

4- education: iv'e got college credits like nobody's business.. problem is they don't apply to any one degree because i was trying to figure out which degree would best suit me...
plan of action: good news! 13 years after i graduated from highschool (wow that made me feel REALLY old just then) i am going back to school. not only that, i actually know what i want to get my degree in. tomorrow, I am starting the Digital Design program at the Art Institute!

here's hoping to master these and find the next 4 to work on.... and then do it all over again, and again and again :)

7 comments:

  1. This is such a great post! Very positive outlook!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!

    Here are some of my recomendations for books:

    Books by Shannon Hale:

    Princess Academy(I know how it sounds...Liz recomended it to me and Liz is not the type to like something....dumb)

    The Goose girl
    Enna Burning
    River Secrets
    (These 3 are a series so read them in order)

    Book of a Thousand days

    Try the Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer

    Hmmm I will try to think of more...

    oh...I just finished reading Sarah by Orson Scott Card I liked it too it is fictional based on Sarai and Abram and that story... I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, not the "Twilight" series... :D

    I recommend "The Peacegiver". It's the next best thing to reading scriptures, that and "Bonds That Make Us Free".

    ReplyDelete
  4. heya.. i love your new goals.. they sound good.. im so glad you are starting school.. good luck with it all.. im not a big reader either. im still on the 1st twighlight book and im not that into it.. so there it sits..

    ReplyDelete
  5. woo hoo! Way to go girl :) You have inspired me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are some great goals! thanks for the inspiration ... i really need to set some goals instead of whining about what i can't do.
    i love to read ... i think learning to love to read starts by finding a great book. once you love one book you start to find more and more like it. what kind of movies do you like? if you like romantic movies you might like anita stansfield, she's an lds author and easy to read. romantic comedies - try a jane austen, fun, light hearted mysteries - mrs. pollifax, historical fiction - bodie thoene books, murder mystery - james patterson. i also have a really cool spreadsheet that has 1001 books to read before you die, you could start with a couple of those, just email me if you want it. hope that helps! :) let us know what books you're reading, maybe you could start an online book club!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeana-

    I was in the same boat about reading several years ago. I wanted to read, but never got hooked into anything....therefore said I didn't like reading. Well, I started a book club because of those "wanna be" feelings.

    I loved the These Is My Words books. I really enjoyed the Twilight books too. I also LOVED the book Fire of the Covenant. I also read all of the Children of the Promise books in one month! Those were AMAZING! Obviously I'm a sucker for love stories, which all of those have great ones! Other than those, I'm out of ideas. I'm not a huge reader, but a "wanna-be" reader, so I ONLY read something if someone swears by it. And Jeana, I can confidently suggest those above books, knowing they will hook you!

    Good luck and let me know what book you decide to read first!

    Nat

    ReplyDelete