so, my adorable friend
charisse has posted a couple of times on her blog the wonderful things she finds at the thrift store... which inspired this post ... :) i have been looking for a chair for almost a year to go in my craft room... not just any chair, but the right size, the right shape and style and i haven't found it anywhere... until... i was surfing the ads on
craigslist and found this

chair for $15 ... yes you read that right JUST $15 i emailed her right away and picked it up the next day. it needs to be recovered, but other than that it is exactly what i have been looking for. it has also created a new project for me... an opportunity to learn how to recover furniture... so, i am going to re-cover it in the breezey colored fabric

and use the polka dot for the accent pillows that go with it. i am also going to make myself an ottoman that will store all of my fun crafting magazines! so, if you know of any good websites that give recovering instructions i'd appreciate knowing where they are... and wish me luck!
That chair is going to be darling with that fabric!
ReplyDeleteSo I totally love that you found that chair for only $15!!! The fabric you chose is so very cute. Let me know how the reupholstery goes. I was going to try and reupholster two chairs I bought off of KSL but I'm nervous about sewing the piping around the edges. I am not the best seamstress so I might just give in and go pay to have them professionally reupholstered. The chairs are for my formal living room so I want them to look good. If I did them they would look not so good.
ReplyDelete