First, let me throw this out there... I know I use a lot of ........... when I email and blog.. so if you are goin to be a "......"hater ya might want to skip over my blog.. :) However, I can say.. that if you can get past the .... ,the run on sentences and lack of grammar, there will be some pretty dang good reading material once I get the hang of this thing...
So, disclaimer out of the way..
Some girls at work talk a lot about the book The Secret.. now although I think only one of them has actually read it, they write things on sticky notes and put them up in their cubes...in hopes that by doing so, it will actually happen.. and I find it interesting.. not saying that a positive attitude wont effect how some things go in your life, but writing it down? Does it really work? I don't think there is any way of telling.. Why isn't there?... Come now... if I didn't write something down and it happened..was it because I didn't write it down?.. and if I did write something down and it happened, how could I know for sure it wouldn't have happened if I didn't write it down? ... Are you getting what I'm gettin at? .. lol Now with that all said.. (and sorry for the rambly post)... I am going to put the "write it down" to a test... infact I will take it a step further and "blog" it! I know I know... living on the edge.. but we will see what happens.
As for what I am going to "blog" for the cosmos... I dont usually do the new years resolution thing, but since it is almost the new year.. I am going to keep with the not doing new years resolutions and throw these things out there ...NOW.. before the new year.. :) Dang I am sneaky!!... But the following is what will happen in my 2008.... (bold conotates positive attitude)
I will find a career in which I can use the talents I have, enjoy it and make a good living from...
I will be in a healthy relationship with an amazing man.. who knows who he is and acts accordingly.. (dorky..just like me!)
I will continue my healthy eating/exercise routine and will be at my goal weight by the end of the year... GO ME!... (me and Gold's are tight!)
There you have it.. the things I want in life right now... So, in order to see if this all works.. you have to stay tuned until the end of 2008.... haha.. how do you like that?... :)
One other thing on my brain tonight.. is Thanksgiving... for a while there I thought I would be spending it here in Utah, alone... but today I decided to go home .. and be with the people I am most thankful for!.. I love and miss my family tons.. and although I will be going home for Christmas too, being a state away for the last year +.. I will take all the time I can get to spend with the fam! We are a crazy bunch... but I love us!
Anyway.... sticking to my goal of being in bed by 10... I better jam... NIGHT!!
I haven't heard of that book, have you read it? Maybe I should... Don't you think one of the reasons that could work is simply cause if you write something down and then see it all the time you're always thinking about it and therefor trying to make sure it does happen, trying to prove the theory right?
ReplyDeleteHmmm... interesting. I shall try it. and good idea to start the resolutions early... that way maybe they'll actually stick... I think there's some sort of unspoken curse about making new years resolutions on new years... so you've got that beat!... can you tell I'm a "..."-er as well?