.
.

Friday, May 7, 2010

s t r a n g e happenings!

interesting friday night to say the least... it all started when I got home from work... with this




yes, it is a watermelon. See the black things? Those are seeds!  Usually that is perfectly normal, right? Well,  the sticker on the watermelon says SEEDLESS, so you can imagine my surprise when I cut it open and found all of the SEEDS inside :) 

then, my friend and I decided to go to dinner one of my favorite places... so I ordered what I always order... but tonight it was GROSS... not just blah or average.. but GROSS so I literally left the whole thing on the table... and I think it ruined that place for me.. (maybe that is a blessing in disguise) 

so, it was on to wal*mart for some fabric to make flowers and other random goodness... it is super cheap, so my friend and i filled our arms with bolts of the stuff and waited at the cutting counter... no one came... and no one came... and no one came. then bless his heart, the guy from automotive and sporting goods came over to help us out. by that time there was a line of about 6 people with carts full of fabric. the poor guy didn't have a clue, doesn't get paid enough to cut fabric i'm sure of that... so it was quite entertaining to watch him. it was also quite interesting to watch people who felt that because they just got there and only had one item, that they should be entitled to go ahead of the people who have already been waiting there for literally an hour, just because they have more items. it was so obnoxious it was comical. but i think the guy behind the counter gets the G O L D S T A R of the day! His wife should be proud :) then to the fast lane to check out... let me just say that EVERYONE in american fork was at wal mart tonight... Then, a blessing... over the loud speaker we hear that anyone with a few items and no weighable produce can check out at the jewelry counter. i think i might have ran there :) it happened so fast i dont remember. haha but i was laughing. and luckily i was the first one there. *phew* by the time i got my stuff there were 6 people in line behind me. **note to self** never... i repeat NEVER go to wal mart on a friday night . 

now I am home, and it is quiet... and i am happy. :) 

(not quite sure this is all blog worthy, but its the most excitement I have had all week... so here it is for your reading pleasure and for my "journal" of sorts.. L U C K Y you!) 

oh, and one more thing... my mom is coming to visit me next week and I am so excited I can hardly stand it! :) stay tuned for stories of good times ahead! 


1 comment:

  1. I love random stories like that! It is always fun to get the giggles with friends, and it is certainly easy to do that in Wal-Mart sometimes. lol

    I vote that we get to see the fun fabric stuff you make!

    ReplyDelete