Last night I heard Christmas music on my radio. Even two weeks before Thanksgiving, what are you thinking?! I am writing to let you know that despite your best effort to get me in a shopping, gotta have this, gotta decorate with this, gotta buy this for so and so, mood by playing Christmas music and filling stores full of Christmas garb, I won't be giving in this year. Not just until after Thanksgiving, I wont be joining you at all this year. Don't get me wrong, I am going to decorate my little trees, but you won't find store bought presents there. Anything I give this year will be one of two things, something I make myself or something I can do for someone else. In years past, you had me fooled into thinking you were cool, the only way to go, but I've wised up this year and see how UN-important you are. There's no need for me or anyone else to spend ridiculous amounts of money (even money they don't have) on gifts that will end up in a closet, under a bed or broken even two months later. Designer brands? whats the point? But really, why didn't I see all of this long ago? Maybe it took a rough economy and struggling to even make ends meet to figure it all out. But what a blessing. So, Commercialized Christmas I must bid you farewell. I hope you and yours have a happy
thanksgiving. Oh, and one more thing before I go, let me introduce you to the

real reason for
Christmas.
Sincerely,
Me
Yay Jeana!!! Dito for us too.
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT!! Hmmmmm....wish I could say the same, but I don't think the kids would understand. But I'm totally on the same wavelength mentally.
ReplyDeleteI was so frustrated, cause the week after Halloween I went to Walmart to get a couple Thanksgiving decorations and NADA, nope nothing, just all their Christmas stuff.
ReplyDelete