.
.
.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Gettin' Fit
so, i guess most brides to be (unless you are one of my gorgeous thin friends) try to lose weight before the big day. (nothing like showing up in your white gown looking like a stay puffed marshmallow)... so something i should have started (and stuck to) 20 years ago... i am going on a fitness plan! not a diet, not a 3 month fast... i just want to feel good about how i look and feel... and, "they" (whoever "they" are) say that it is best if you are accountable to someone while working to achieve a goal... so how is being accountable to all who read my blog (there's got to be atleast 1 person who reads it somewhat regularly) so, here i am...making myself accountable to all of you. my first goal is to lose 29 lbs... and i have a tracker there on the side of my blog that i will update each week... here is where YOU, my blog readers, come in... PLEASE PLEASE please don't hesitate to ask how i am doing, give words of encouragement, suggestions, support, love, gentle chastisement if i'm not doing as well as i know i can etc... it is probably the thing i have struggled with most in my life... but now while making all the other life altering changes, why not add this one to the mix... good luck to me.. and thanks in advance! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hooray! Good for you!
ReplyDelete(I do read your blog on a regular basis...when it is updated! LOL)
Jeana: Yahoo! I've got to tell you that the first few steps are the hardest, but you're doing it! Congratulations. I am more than happy to offer any support you need cuz I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING THROUGH. If you need workout suggestions or an occasional workout buddy, just let me know. I've picked up all kinds of good tips as I've had to fight my way through this "getting healthy" thing. Good Luck!
ReplyDelete:) Megan
i read your blog almost every day... or at least I guess I click on the link in my bookmarked pages every day, whether or not you've updated is another question. But I am here for you! Come November I'll be trying to lose baby weight, so I am trying to get a jump start by eating and being healthy now so as to gain less rather than more by then... love you tons, you rock, and I can't wait to see you in your wedding dress, you're going to look sooo beautiful! ahhh! where is the wedding??
ReplyDeleteYou go girl! I'm right there with you, I check in on you probaly every day. And I know how it feels to want to feel good about yourself after 4 kids, you could say I look like saggy over sized prun, but hey I've lost almost 40 lbs and still working on loosing more. So we can keep each other going. Lots of love!
ReplyDeleteWell HELLO and YAY that you are blogging. I am so glad you left a comment...I didn't know you had a blog and I am so excited you do. And CONGRATULATIONS...I am so thrilled for you. I hope you reach your goal...you'll be a beautiful bride no matter what. So when is the big day? I am so excited to see all of the updates. I was a HUGE fan of "The biggest loser"...it motivated me to exercise and be healthy..I wish you the best of luck!
ReplyDeleteI want to lose weight also. I hope I can start exercising because I have never been good at that. I also don't eat the best either. Let me know what you are gonna try. We can lose weight together. By the way congratulations on your wedding. I am so excited for you. Make sure I get an invite. Your purses are way cute too. Ok I have been wondering this. Did you do something for the Close to My Heart Scrapbooking book My Reflections? I saw Jeana Goodwin in the book and thought to myself who else spells their name that way? I thought it had to be you and you were living in Utah where it was published. Was that you? I love Close to my Heart Scrapbooking stuff.
ReplyDelete